Re: RFS and ITA: jzlib (updated package)

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (06/08/2008):
> Since I'd like to familiarize myself with Damien's work, I intend to
> review this package.

Okay, here we go for a first round:
 - No need to mention the upstream release number in your first
   changelog entry, although it does no harm.
 - You didn't mention bumping debhelper compat level (debian/compat +
   the versioned B-D) from 4 to 5 in your changelog.
 - You didn't mention adding Homepage, Vcs-* either.
 - You could mention you've switched from kaffe.
 - You should mention you're now using ant (and that you've added a
   build.xml file accordingly, at least that's how I understand it).
 - You could mention you've deleted the override since you fixed the
   copyright file.
 - You could mention you've deleted unneeded files (and which, like
   copyright.in).
 - You should mention you're now shipping examples.
 - Your comment at the top of debian/rules doesn't look like necessary
   to me (although it does no harm).
 - Should debian/svn-deblayout be really included in the source package?
   I seem to recall it's possible to set an svn property on the debian
   directory, so that this additional file isn't visible in the source
   package.
 - I tend not to specify “debian uupdate” in my watch files, but I may
   be missing some nice features. Just saying so that you can consider
   whether you need those bits.
 - debian/rules again:
    - Not sure the exports are needed (though I didn't build your
	  package yet).
    - You could use cdbs variables instead of computing package and
	  version yourself. Grep for UPSTREAM under /usr/share/cdbs/1/*/* if
	  you don't have the docs at hand. Then grep for PACKAGE (probably
	  only in the single file you've just found rather than through all
	  cdbs files).

That's only after having checked the source debdiff.

Please poke me back if you have questions about the above points, and/or
when you think you have a new candidate.

Mraw,
KiBi.