Re: need anexample for debian packaging

* Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> [080721 09:25]:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Reema Shah <reema.shah23@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In building debian packages,why do you require root privileges and so we
> > have to use fakeroot..?
> fakeroot is not necessary now with new dpkg.

Reading through the changelogs, I only find in a change Oct 2007 that
dpkg-buildpackage uses fakeroot without being told so.

I doubt it is possible to build proper packages without root/fakeroot
or whatever else causing programs to think they run as root and
preserving user and permissions of files not representable as mere

	Bernhard R. Link
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth