Re: #372268 - ITP: valkyrie

OoO En  cette nuit  striée d'éclairs du  mercredi 09 juillet  2008, vers
02:22, "Hai Zaar" <haizaar@haizaar.com> disait :

> I've spotted ITP #372268 being abandoned and decided to step up for
> packaging and further maintaining valkyrie package.
> So I'm looking for someone to review and upload the package.
> Packaged files can be found here:
> http://mathnet.technion.ac.il/~gmm/hosting/debs/valkyrie/
> They build and work correctly on current Debian/Lenny amd64 and are
> lintian and gcc-4.3 clean.

Hi Hai!

You should first take the ITP. Currently, the owner is still Margarita.

There  is a  lot  of things  in diff.gz.   It  is better  that the  only
modifications  of the  orig.tar.gz concern  the debian/  directory.  Use
diffstat to see the changes in diff.gz. Most (all?) of those changes are
due to improper cleaning.

There  are  missing dependencies.  You  should  depend  on autoconf  and
automake.

Why do you only recommends valgrind? Can valkyrie work without it?

You should update to Standards-Version 3.8.0.

Your  debian/copyright  is incomplete.  There  are  files  that are  not
GPLv2+. For example vk_popt.cpp. Even  if the license is compatible with
GPLv2,  you should  mention it  in the  debian/copyright.  Moreover, you
should cite excerpts of source files. For example:

File: *
License:
 This file is part of Valkyrie, a front-end for Valgrind
 Copyright (C) 2000-2008, OpenWorks LLP <info@open-works.co.uk>
 This program is released under the terms of the GNU GPL v.2

File: valkyrie/options/vk_popt.cpp
License:
 popt is Copyright (c) 1998 Red Hat Software and distributed under
 an X11-style license, which is in turn compatible the GNU GPL v.2.
 See the file COPYING for the full license details.

See:
 http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

You should add a debian/watch file.

You should fix those lintian warnings:
N: Processing binary package valkyrie (version 1.3.0-1) ...
I: valkyrie: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/vk_logmerge.1.gz:48
I: valkyrie: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/vk_logmerge.1.gz:61
I: valkyrie: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/vk_logmerge.1.gz:63

(use -viI for lintian).

Why is valkyrie-dbg needed?
--
panic ("Splunge!");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/psi240i.c