Re: packaging for wine

david.manye@urv.cat schrieb:
> hello,
>
> i'd like to package (separately) some windows applications that run nice
> under wine.

Hello,

first thanks for trying to make Debian better and better.
But I've to say that I disagree with the idea to package applications
which need wine to run, so on pure Windows applications.

Why I disagree? We are here on GNU/Linux, not Window - so on we should
concentrate ourself on software which runs nativly on Linux platforms,
wine should be only a fallback solution.

Maybe some software developers could also think "Why should I port my
app to another platform than Windows, wine could also do my job?" - this
could damage the availbility of nativly available software for Linux if
everyone starts to wrap their applications about wine and we support
this with packaging them.

Do not feel blamed please, that's just my personal opinion, not more or
less and btw. I don't hate wine. :)

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,
we were maybe wrong.