Re: RFS: lojban-common 1.5-2

Mike O'Connor <stew@vireo.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 12:24:00AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> >     Package name:       lojban-common
> >     Version:            1.5-2
>
> Do you have a good reason to make a new -2 instead of just making
> the changes in -1 since -1 hasn't yet been uploaded?

Yes: 1.5-1 *was* uploaded, to the mentors repository. That means an
unknown number have already got 1.5-1 (I even explicitly asked them to
do so), and releasing a changed package without also changing the
release number would be needlessly confusing.

In a real sense, once I upload a revision of a package to mentors.d.n
it *is* released, even if it doesn't make it into Debian. So any
further changes made should be to a subsequent release number.

There have been complaints from DDs in the past on this very forum
about re-uploading to mentors.d.n a different package with the same
release number. So I don't do that.

--
 \     “Yesterday I parked my car in a tow-away zone. When I came back |
  `\                      the entire area was missing.” —Steven Wright |