Re: Re: RFS: bluemindo

Hi.

> - Important: You install an extra-license file which causes a lintian
>   warning. Refer to Policy Manual, section 12.5 for details. Please
>   always check your package against a recent lintian from unstable.

Hm. The fact is that bluemindo reads the file itself.

> - debian/rules:
>   Hm. You use CDBS, but you don't use python-distutils. You may want to
>   change that. Otherwise you need to handle some things yourself. See
>   [5] for some informations.

Hm... Done (I think).

> - debian/copyright:
>     - Please don't throw copyright and license informations together. If
>       you have parts in the source tarball that are not licensed the
>       same way as the main program itself, then I recommend you to open
>       another License block with an additional "(for ...)" that states
>       which file is meant. BTW. what do you think about this [1] format?
>     - (C) has no legal meaning. You have to replace it with ©.

I changed it. I it better now?

> - debian/menu:
>   So far so good. What about providing an icon? See [2] for some
>   information.

As the package provides a png file in the good place, can I use it? or
do I have to make a xmp file?

> - debian/README.source:
>   You should rename it to .source instead of .Source because thats its
>   filename according to policy. Otherwise its incomplete. It needs to
>   document at a bare minimum: 1) Creating a fully-patched source, 2)
>   Modifying the source and save those modifications to let them be
>   applied during building 3) Remove applied modifications. See [3]
>   for the mail originally sent by Russ.

Er... I don't really understand how it works.
Just use debian/rules patch to patch, debian/rules reverse-patches to
remove the patches, and debian/rules binary to build?

> - debian/watch:
>   Is still missing. For now you could use the watch file I've
>   constructed for you. Or do you see complications with this? See below,
>   I've cited the relevant parts of my previous mail at the end of this
>   mail.

I included the one you made, although upstream may change it at any
time.

> - debian/compat:
>   You use compat level 6. Do you really use any features from it?
>   Because it has been said, that one should better use the highest
>   supported version in a stable release, to make it easier for
>   backports. See [4] for informations.

Compat is now 5.

> - debian/docs:
>   Please include the upstream changelog so that it gets installed
>   compressed to /usr/shared/doc/$pkg/changelog.gz

Done.

> - debian/patches/*:
>   You said that you think your patches speak for themselves. I disagree.
>   There is no description what they do and the file name is not making
>   it more obvious. You should better that by adding comments (if that is
>   supported by simple patchsys) or by at least renaming the patches to
>   something more meaningful.

It may be a bit better, now.

> - debian/control:
>     - Build-Depends seem to be wrong, given the python policy. See [5]
>     - Same as above for Depends
It should be fixed, now.
> - BTW. are you sure that the Recommends are adequate? Consider that
>       it should contain everything which the program at a whole does
>       not neccesarily depend on, but provides functionality that is
>       usually wanted by its users (recommends are installed by default
>       usually)
I think Recommends are adequate. This packages aren't required to run
bluemindo, but they are required to use several features.
> - Description needs some overhaul. See [6] and [7]. Please also
>       check it for spelling or grammar errors.
It should be a bit better, now.

Thanks for reviewing :)

Regards, Thibaut GIRKA.