Re: Problem with implicit rule for .o files and overriding of CXXFLAGS.

Am Freitag, den 27.06.2008, 10:16 +0000 schrieb Yavor Doganov:
> В Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:14:55 +0200, Daniel Leidert написа:
>
> > or tell him to better use one of the following:
> >
> > DEFS += -DVERSION="\"1.00\""
>
> This won't work.  The objects are built by make's built-in implicit
> rules, and this variable is not used there:

Ok. I didn't recognize, that it doesn't use autotools.

> COMPILE.cc = $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) $(TARGET_ARCH) -c
>
> Maybe it is OK for other make implementations

automake uses it. I think, then the override directive is the only
choice left from my suggestions. Unfortunately, freebsd-make will
probably not recognize it.

Regards, Daniel