Re: RFS: sshfp - DNS SSHFP records generator

Hola Julien Valroff!

El 09/08/2007 a las 12:50 escribiste:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "sshfp".
>
> * Package name     : sshfp
>   Version          : 1.1.3-1
>   Upstream Authors : Paul Wouters <paul@xelerance.com> and Jake Appelbaum <jacob@appelbaum.net>
> * URL              : http://www.xelerance.com/software/sshfp/
> * License          : GPL
>   Section          : net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> sshfp      - DNS SSHFP records generator

> The upload would fix these bugs: 413240

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sshfp/sshfp_1.1.3-1.dsc

I had recently being using sshfp, so I believe it would be a useful addition to
the archive. I've made several changes to your package, listed bellow:

- I used the pristine tar.gz, as I don't see any reason not to.
- I had removed the previous contents of debian/changelog, as the pre-debian
  packaging history is of little/no use.
- I removed the patch that replaced © by (c) in the manpage, as manpages now
  support utf-8 encodings.
- I changed packaging from cdbs to dh, as cdbs is too dificult to follow. I
  used dh instead of plain debhelper to keep the debian/rules files small and
  simple. Even though this increased debian/compat to 7. (not really needed,
  but I really don't like cdbs)
- I added dpatch support and dependency. (as a replacement of simplepatchsys)
- I created a patch that fixes some quirks in the Makefile (should be forward
  to upstream).
- I created a patch that fixes some quirks in the manpage (should be forward to
  upstream).
- I changed the debian/copyright file to include the same text as is presented in
  the source code.
- I added a debian/watch file (always a good idea to have one).
- I added myself as uploader.
- I added the Homepage: field.
- I upgraded the Standards-Version, no changes needed.

The modified package can be fetch from:
http://maxy.com.ar/debian/sshfp/sshfp_1.1.3-1.dsc

Please review those changes and contact me when you feel that your package is
good to be uploaded.

Thanks,
--
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity." -- (Dennis Ritchie)