Re: RFS: gts (updated package)

OoO En  ce doux début de matinée  du dimanche 15 juin  2008, vers 08:09,
Ruben Molina <rmolina@udea.edu.co> disait :

> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.6.20080107-1
> of the package "gts" which I am adopting.

> It builds these binary packages:
> libgts-0.7-5 - GNU Triangulated Surface Library
> libgts-bin - GNU Triangulated Surface Library -- support binaries
> libgts-dbg - GNU Triangulated Surface Library -- debug symbols
> libgts-dev - GNU Triangulated Surface Library -- development files
> libgts-doc - GNU Triangulated Surface Library -- documentation files

Hi Ruben!

First, is the ABI of  this new version compatible with 0.7.6? Otherwise,
you  will have  to bump  your library  version. You  can check  that all
rdepends  still  work fine  with  this  new  version (with  and  without
rebuild).

I think  that you should version  your Replaces on  libgts-dev since you
don't want to  accidently replace some files of  the current libgts-dev.
Moreover, did you consider adding  a Conflicts on libgts-0.7-1? There is
no reverse dependency on it and you replace most of its files.

What is debian/control.save?

You might want  to document the fact that you  don't ship a debian/watch
file with a comment in a lintian override.

-dbg package ships debugging symbols for binaries in libgts-bin. This is
usually  not wanted  (unless it  really  helps to  debug program  linked
against libgts).   I am not sure  if you can tell  something to dh_strip
about this (through DEB_DH_STRIP_ARGS  in cdbs). Otherwise, you can just
remove  them  by  appending  something  to post-install  target  of  the
corresponding package.

The source seems to come with  unit tests. If they are not too resources
intensive, you might want to run them in post-install unless the nocheck
option is present in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.
--
BOFH excuse #126:
it has Intel Inside