Re: RFS: Nana (updated package)

On Fri, Jun 13 2008, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> OoO En  cette soirée bien  amorcée du samedi  07 juin 2008,  vers 22:51,
> "Kurt B. Kaiser" <kbk@shore.net> disait:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.5-11
>> of my package "nana".
>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> nana - GNU Nana -- improved support for assertions and logging
>
> Hi Kurt!
>
> This is an impressive cleanup!

Thanks!  Sorry for the slow response, I got tied up.

> I have just two very minor remarks.
>
> In debian/control, the  short description should not repeat  the name of
> the program.  Just say "improved  support for assertions and  logging in
> C/C++" (I think that the language is important).

Done.  I also polished the description while I was in there.

> You  could ship  NEWS  file as  an  upstream changelog  file instead  of
> ChangeLog.

Done.

I made some more improvements:

  * Update to Standards 3.8.0
  * Remove DM-Upload-Allowed
  * Clean up description
  * Install upstream NEWS as upstream Changelog
  * Add $CROSS env var generation per recent dh_make
  * Add $CROSS, $CFLAGS, and $LDFLAGS to configure environment

> I am willing to sponsor you but since this is the first time I sponsor a
> package from  you, I don't want  to keep the  DM-Upload-Allowed flag. Do
> you mind removing it?

Done.

I'll be away until Sunday evening.

Thanks for the sponsoring offer!