Re: RFS: swedish (updated ispell and spell packages) (fwd)

Actually I wanted to post this to the list..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:13:04 +0200 (CEST)
From: Dimitar Ivanov <drimiks@mirendom.net>
To: Jeremiah C. Foster <jeremiah@jeremiahfoster.com>
Subject: Re: RFS: swedish (updated ispell and spell packages)

Hi Jeremiah,

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:

Doing iconv --from-code=ASCII --to-code=UTF-8 debian/copyright
produces this error on my machine: "iconv: illegal input sequence at
position 216". This is roughly at the spot where the Swedish letters
begin. Transiliterating the Swedish to English, then doing iconv
works however, and this is what is in the latest .deb. (-3)

Since your original file includes swedish letters, it is not in ASCII but in whatever encoding your used to type them. If you used for example ISO_8859-1, then you should convert by:

iconv --from-code=ISO_8859-1 --to-code=UTF-8 debian/copyright

See 'iconv -l' for list of known character sets.

regards,
Dimitar