Re: RFS: eboard (updated package)

OoO La nuit  ayant déjà recouvert d'encre ce jour du  mardi 27 mai 2008,
vers 23:20, Patrik Fimml <patrik@fimml.at> disait:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.1.1-1 of the package
> "eboard", the new version 2-2 of the package "eboard-extras-pack1" and version
> 1-1 of the package "eboard-extras-pack2".

> I have requested to adopt these packages, and this has been accepted[1] by the
> current maintainer.

> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/05/msg01013.html

Did you try to request sponsorship from him?

> eboard - A GTK+ chessboard program

Why did  you move eboard-addtheme to  /usr/bin? This seems  to require a
lintian override and no real benefit, isn't it?

This is a bit odd to have a package depends on xfonts-75dpi. Do you know
the rationale behind this dependency? Also, remove the capitalization in
the  short  description  "a  GTK+  chessboard  program"  or  even  "GTK+
chessboard program".

Most (all?) files  are licensed under GPLv2 or  later version while your
debian/copyright only states GPLv2.

In your debian/rules, you have:
  build: configure-stamp build-stamp

Both dependencies can be run  in parallel. This means that configure can
happens after build. An alternative could be
  build: build-stamp
  build-stamp: configure-stamp

You  might want  to use  dh_lintian to  install lintian  file.  Read the
manual page  to find  the correct  version of debhelper  to use  in this
case.

There is a lintian warning:
W: eboard: copyright-without-copyright-notice

> eboard-extras-pack1  - Additional  piece  sets and  sounds for  eboard
> (pack 1)

debian/control  and   debian/compat  disagrees.  Moreover,   remove  the
capitalization  of  the  first   letter  in  the  short  description  in
debian/control.

There is the same problem  with parallelisation in debian/rules than for
eboard package. You also might want to remove the fact that debian/rules
is a sample file.

Check some lintian warnings with lintian -viI:
I: eboard-extras-pack1 source: build-depends-without-arch-dep eboard
W: eboard-extras-pack1: copyright-without-copyright-notice

> eboard-extras-pack2  - Additional  piece  sets and  sounds for  eboard
> (pack 2)

See above. :)
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Multi-volume CD somehow got mounted.\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c