Re: Installing init.d scripts

Please don't CC me.

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:18:06 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> OoO Pendant le journal télévisé du lundi 02 juin 2008, vers 20:01, David
> Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> disait:
>
> > Forgot to mention that, sorry (I already did this check before).
> > The postinst in the control directory only contains the "manually added"
> > update-rc.d call, while in place of #DEBHELPER# I can only see a blank
> > line:
>
> If you rename XXXXXXXX.init.d to init.d, what happens?

Isn't that *.init/init?

From man dh_installinit:

If a file named debian/package.init exists, then it is installed into
etc/init.d/package in the package build directory, with "package" replaced by
the package name.

> Do you use --name parameter  of  dh_installinit?

I wasn't using it.
Using --name "dkms_autoinstaller" made it work, thanks!

(I tried that before, but was using "debian/XXX.init", "XXX.init"...)

> If  not, dh_installinit tries  to  find "init.d"  or "package.init.d".

This seems like a bug in the manpage of dh_installinit? I haven't tried wheter
the ".d-form" works as well...

> Underscore  is not  allowed in  a package name.

Uhm, right.
But does dh_installinit depend on the package name? That's a file, not a
package -- and in fact works with --name (the package is simply "dkms")

Thanks,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino