Re: the quality of Debian's diff.gz

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> I said that a stacked diff was impossible to create m4echanically
> from topic branches.

Given the topic and the merged branch, though, there's no inherent
reason why you couldn't create them. [Even if just by applying all the
topic diffs which apply cleanly in some deterministic order, then
generating a final diff from the merged branch to the tree from the
applied topic diffs.[1]]

Don Armstrong

1: This would obviously be ugly in the case where you had loads of
diffs which conflicted, but I'd suspect this only occurs frequently in
dead-upstream packages.]
--
No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free
[...] You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.