Re: New Packager question again: can you point me to a not flawed package?

"Paul Johnson" <pauljohn32@gmail.com> writes:

> I just need to see some examples of how this can be done.  I wonder if
> I'm running into a problem that is peculiar to Ubuntu.  I can't find
> packages that follow the principles we were discussing yesterday.  In
> fact, I can't find any that adhere to this guideline in a complete
> way. (It appears to me the temptation is too great to make undocumented
> changes in source code.)

At this point, I've converted most of my packages to use Git, which means
that the source package as uploaded to Debian has one collapsed patch
including upstream changes and you have to check out the Git repository to
see the separate branches and how they relate to upstream.  At some point,
I'm hoping to be able to generate format 3.0 packages from Git in some way
that exposes the way that I'm actually working to other people working on
packages.

In the meantime, you can still look at the openafs package, which is
currently using quilt and applies a whole bunch of patches (although we
may switch to Git at some point down the road).