Re: Multiple licences in a package

* Sebastian Castillo <castillobuiles@gmail.com> [080526 19:30]:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I'm packaging wbox (ITP:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=480981).
>
> Reading the developers reference and the policy manual i could not get how
> to build an appropriate debian/copyrigth file, since wbox have some sources
> licensed GPL and other BSD.

You have to make sure that the debian/copyright file describes the
copyrights and licenses of your package. As long as reading the file
is enough to understand which files have which copyright and which
licence(s), almost everything is allowed.

> I get some ideas from http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat but i
> don't think its the standard way.

It's a proposol, so it tries to be a standard in the future. If you can
write one using this format (and it describes everything accurately),
that' good to. (I personaly find the suggestions very lacking, but as
long as it can be efficiently used to describe the copyright situation,
there is nothing wrong with that).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link