Building a package for experimental

Hello all,

I'm thinking about building one of my packages with a new feature enabled and
would therefore prefer to upload to experimental instead of unstable.

However, although I looked into the Developer's Reference and into Policy, I
could not find an answer to the following question. Since experimental is not
a full distribution, how should packages be built for experimental? Should I
use pbuilder with unstable, but upload to experimental? That would have the
advantage that users willing to test the new package can just install the
package into their unstable distribution, without needing to pull in
libraries which might have a newer version in experimental.

The other option would be of course to use pbuilder with experimental and
upload to experimental, so that the package gets linked with available
experimental libraries as well -- that seems to be the cleaner approach to
me.

How are other people handling this?

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Toedter   | An optimist believes we live in the best of all
Hamburg, Germany | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!