Re: RFS: figtoipe

Hi,

> Fill an ITP when working on a package and close it in your changelog.

I submitted one, so I can close #481022 in the changelog.

> ... figtoipe was provided by ipe in the past, ... Replaces ... Conflicts ...

I do not understand Replaces/Conflicts very well. I believe that all ipe
packages before 6.0pre30-1 came with figtoipe (I do not know where to
find all old versions, so I didi not actually verify this). Of course,
figtoipe is rather useless without ipe, so it should recommend it.
Should the control file then look like this:

Standards-Version: 3.7.3
Homepage: http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe

Replaces: ipe (<< 6.0pre30-1)
Conflicts: ipe (<< 6.0pre30-1)
Recommends: netpbm, ipe

> In debian/rules,  don't use dh_install, just  create debian/install with
> appropriate content. For manpages, use DEB_INSTALL_MANPAGES_* variables:
>  DEB_INSTALL_MANPAGES_figtoipe := debian/figtoipe.1

I did not find an explanation of the format of debian/install. I put

figtoipe usr/bin

and it works (i.e. the executable is in the package).

> Your debian/watch file seems not working.

Well, it had been on May 5, before the last upload of figtoipe. What has
changed is the number after the download.php. I added a .*

A+

Alexander