Re: RFS: libtorrent-rasterbar and qBittorrent

Cristian Greco wrote:

> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 01:52:37PM -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>
>> You may want to contact the btg guys. They have been providing deb packages
>> for both btg and libtorrent for a while (I made the first few releases).
>
> Hi Felipe,
> do you remember me? I wrote you when starting work with this package.

Doh, yes. I somehow got confused and thought you were someone completely
different.

> As
> you suggested me some days ago, I contacted Roman Rybalko, the guy who
> currently packages libtorrent and btg. He provided me with some advices,
> and then I looked at your past works on this library. This package is
> the result of my work merged with yours experience.

Oh, ok. But you seem to have started the package from scratch? The changelog at
least suggests that.

>> BTW, embedded code copies are a bad thing. You should try to contact Simon
>> Richter (asio's maintainer) to update debian's asio version.
>
> The main problem here is that Asio 1.0.0 gets included with Boost
> 1.35.0, which package is still unreleased and there is a discussion
> about versioning and problems with probably broken rdepends [1].
>
> Should we consider upgrading Asio to latest version anyway?

boost1.35 is already on NEW. But I can't see asio in there. Maybe it's bundled
in some package there? http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/boost1.35_1.35.0-1.html
--

  Felipe Sateler