Re: RFS: fpm2 - a password manager

OoO  En ce  doux début  de matinée  du jeudi  08 mai  2008,  vers 08:38,
Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> disait:

> It seems that fpm2 would replace fpm, so, you may wish to address the
> RFP for fpm in #457155 maybe.

> Also, maybe your package (which I didn't have a look at) should replace
> fpm then.

caleb, does fpm2 can be a drop-in replacement for fpm? In this case, you
could provide  fpm metapackage  as an upgrade  path to fpm2.  You should
then  also ship  an fpm  symlink  to fpm2  (especially since  this is  a
graphical program). fpm should depends  on and be provided by fpm2. fpm2
should also conflicts with older version of fpm and replaces them (since
you are shipping  a new fpm binary in fpm2). You  can also close #457155
in changelog.

If this is not a drop-in replacement (if fpm2 cannot read fpm database),
I think that  you (Olivier) should just close the RFP  when fpm2 will be
in Debian if  you think that the  RFP is no longer needed.  Or maybe the
database could be converted.

If  this is  not a  drop-in replacement,  it is  a bit  unfortunate that
upstream chooses the same config file name for fpm2.
--
if (user_specified)
    /* Didn't work, but the user is convinced this is the