Query about Debian

I have sware problem with debian :(   :(

i am working on fixing the bug in the package 'testdisk'. Well how can i continue work, because its 8th time i ran the command apt-get build-dep testdisk.

The problem i am facing is that, after this command execution, i can not work smoothly i.e. many of utilities do not work properly like web browser and in any case i shutdown debian , when i come bck to work next time , the debian no more works. It appers in light grey color as k for username & password and become halted.
so after that i again install debian and run the same command. I think the fetched dependencies do something wrong.

i have these lines written in sources.list :
dep http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/sid main
                                                                  dep-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/sid main

Please help as soon as possible.

Thanks