Re: RFS: magic

OoO Pendant  le repas du samedi  26 avril 2008, vers  19:59, "Aanjhan R"
<aanjhan@gmail.com> disait:

> Thanks for the quick look and your valuable remarks. I am not sure of
> what exactly I should be asking upstream. Is there a problem with GPL
> + BSD mix license? Sorry. I am not getting the problem. If you dont
> mind, can you please explain in detail the issue?

Since there is no license file in the distribution of magic, there is no
problem  yet. You  should  first ask  upstream  to put  a file  LICENSE,
COPYING or  COPYRIGHT that states the  license of the  whole software. I
suppose that he will choose a BSD  license as stated on his web site. In
this case, there  is a problem because lib readline  is GPL licensed. If
upstream wants  to license magic under  non GPL license,  he should drop
the use of libreadline or use another library like libeditline.
--
printk("Entering UltraSMPenguin Mode...\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c