Re: foo.diff.gz "difficult to read"

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> disait:
>
> > How is [the Debian source diff] difficult to read? I've opened it
> > in Emacs and 'zless' and in either of them it reads like any other
> > diff.
>
> When I look at a diff.gz, I use "zgrep '^+++ ' foo.diff.gz". If the
> files listed here are only concerning debian/ directory, that's
> fine, I just have to look at files in debian/directory. Otherwise, I
> have to look at the diff more closely:

Okay. From what I can tell, your issues apply to *any* diff that
modifies the upstream source, and this one is not particularly
difficult to read.

Thanks for the clarification.

--
 \        "Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we |
  `\   are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire |