Re: searching for a sponsor for vexim

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:47:50PM +0200, Daniel Knabl wrote:
> after a long while I'm again searching for someone willing to sponsor
> and/or upload vexim to Debian.
> you can find the latest files here: http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1.dsc
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1.tar.gz
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1_i386.changes

After spending like a minute with the postinst script, it is clear
that the package is still totally unfit for Debian.

The postinst unconditionally chmods the entire contents of /etc/exim4
to 640, ignoring local maintainer changes and messes around with files in
in /usr/share/vexim.

I fail to understand the dbc_generate_include business at the
beginning of the postinst script, it looks to me like all variables
are set twice to different values.

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190