Re: A question about adopting a package

Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> You don't actually need the 'quit', but it hurts noone.

There actuatually seems to be a trend to use 'kthxbye' nowadays, which
is not documented, but seems to work, and a lot cooler and lolcatter

 From http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
	quit
	stop
	thank
	thanks
	thankyou
	thank you
	On a line by itself, in any case, possibly followed by
	whitespace, tells the control server to stop processing the
	message; the remainder of the message can include
	explanations, signatures or anything else, none of it will
	be detected by the control server.

So 'quit' would be perfectly fine, and actually very useful, ie:

I mail control and cc: a bug number@bugs.debian.org

  tags XXXXXX moreinfo
  sevrity XXXXXX serious
  [more commands]
  quit

  Blah, I need you to provide all this extra info, blah...
  [more info on the bug]

So that control doesn't try to parse evrery line of your mail and get
confused, signatures included :)

--
  ·''`.  Come, let me sing into your ear, those dancing days are gone
 : :' :     I carry the sun in a golden cup, the moon in a silver bag