Re: RFS: ia32-libs split packages

Goswin von Brederlow skrev:
Hi,

the ia32-libs package will be split into seperate source packages (95
alltogether). Since my comaintainer is currently bussy I'm looking for
a sponsor for the first wave of those packages. The main converter
package and the 5 packages that are ia64 only in ia32-libs.

The packages are on mentors.debian.net (or getting there as you read):

ia32-libs-tools (0.2) - the converter package

ia32-alsa-lib
ia32-gcc-4.3
ia32-glibc
ia32-ncurses
ia32-zlib

These packages are somewhat special in that amd64 builds them natively
as 32bit but ia64 can't build them and needs converted packages.

It seems to me the changelogs in these packages are such that building these packages would generate .changes files that close the same bugs that original packages do, which is probably not desirable.