Re: Regarding package installation

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Zainab Rehman <l050943@nu.edu.pk> wrote:

> While running commands(red coloured font) to install a source package i am
> having problems (bolded text)
>

> debianabc:/home/fast# cd debian
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get source bnfc
>  Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
>  debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get build-dep bnfc
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
>  debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc2.2
> bash: cd: bnfc2.2: No such file or directory
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc-2.2
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2# debuild -uc -us
>  bash: debuild: command not found
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2#

The messages are pretty explanatory. (You even marked the ones that
need some atention.)

Add deb-src lines to the /etc/apt/sources.list file pointing to the
source repositories.

You also need the package with debuild. (I don't remember if there is
a package only for 'debuild' or if it is part of another, so you'll
have to search.)

BTW, unless you are packaging bnfc (which does not seem to be the
case), this is not the best mailing list for the question. Try
debian-user.