Re: How to correctly handle different lib trunks

* Salvatore Ansani [Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:28:30 +0200]:

> For example, package lastfm depends on libqt4.
> If I use kde 4.0.2 environment my qt4 version is 4.3.x.
> When I upgrade to KDE 4.0.6x my qt4 version become 4.4.x so lastfm
> package breaks and need to be deleted.

> If I recompile lastfm from sources on new libqt4.4-x environment all was
> ok and my new lastfm .deb package now correctly depends on libqtcore4 (>=
> 4.4.0~beta1).

Salvatore, there was an issue in the qt4 beta1 packages in experimental.
Long story short (¹), try with 4.4.0~rc1, which was uploaded to
experimental today (for amd64; packages for i386 should be there in a
couple days). That will solve your problem.

As always, thanks to Neil Williams for his always-to-the-point comments.

  (¹) libqt4-core was renamed to libqtcore4 because of a rearrangement
  in the package structure; now a meta-package has been put in place,
  after determining that there was no ABI breakage on mipsen.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Russian roulette in bash: ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~