Custom Debian package installation

Hi,

I have a Debian package which starts a service set up by having ‘dh_installinit’ in my rules file.

I want the service to start every time my computer boots up.

Does it also have to fire up straight after I install the package?

I have a configuration file that is part of my package which needs to be customised before I run the service that  is installed by the package so I don’t want to run the service until I have done that.

Regards,

David Schulberg