Re: cowbuilder and --distribution experimental

Hi,

> > > experimental is not a complete distribution. You cannot just use
> > > --distribution experimental. I think that you should use an unstable chroot
> > > and add to apt experimental sources. You will also have to provide a
> > > correct /etc/apt/preferences (otherwise, experimental repository will not
> > > be used).
> >
> > Actually, '--distribution experimental' is special-cased in pbuilder
> > such that it should just work.  '--distribution experimental' sets up
> > internal flags such that it is interpreted as '--distribution sid' and
> > special handling for experimental.
>
> Obviously, it doesn't. Because with properly set pinning, you wouldn't
> have a problem with e2fsprogs/libuuid1 (which happens when trying to
> install perl from experimental).

Heh, I guess we have a different definition of 'properly'.

pbuilder experimental usage assumes we can install everything from
experimental and get done with it, but I assume there are some
packages which don't go along with each other well.

But that shouldn't make pbuilder work and cowbuilder not work. I'm
confused.

regards,
	junichi
--