Re: RFS: Scid and TeXSkak

Dear Willem,

On Mo, 31 Mär 2008, W. van den Akker wrote:
> the fact that I take over the Scid (and latter TexSkak) package.

I cannot do anything concerning the Scid package, but everything related
to TeX I would suggest that you contact the Debian TeX Task Force under
	debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org
skak/skaknew etc etc are problematic things, because it is not easy to
set them up correctly. As upstream maintainer I was talking to several
of the contributors of skak/skaknew/chessfs/... to get all the updated
stuff into TeX Live, so they will end up anyway in the TeX Live 2008
packages sooner or later.

If you prefer to maintain skak and related stuff independently that is
fine with me/us and we will blacklist the stuff out of the TeX Live
packages. But be prepared that the skak business is not the easiest one
(ok, for from being the most complicated one, too).

> Which of you mentors would like to check and upload the package and help me
> to become a Debian maintainer.

If you have packages ready, let me know (and the DTTF mentioned above)
and I will check them, I mean the TeX related stuff.

Best wishes

Norbert

TINCLETON (n.)
A man who amuses himself in your lavatory by pulling the chain in
mid-pee and then seeing if he can finish before the flush does.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff