Re: No orig.tar.gz or diff.gz with pdebuild

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 11:36:45PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> Have you inadvertently made a native version?

I'm not sure that's it's really inadvertent at this point. Since my
original message, I've changed the naming scheme in the changelog
revision entries, which may indeed have been causing that. Now, though,
with updates from SVN, I now run:

    pdebuild --auto-debsign --buildresult /tmp/$(basename $PWD) \
    --debsign-k 0x5005EF07 --debbuildopts "-D -sn -i"

If I try to do a standard build, I get all sorts of errors like:

    dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_siemens/siemens_010_f.png: binary file contents changed
    dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_siemens/siemens_012_f.png: binary file contents changed
    dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_confirmed/barcode_004_a.png: binary file contents changed
    dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_confirmed/barcode_014_c.png: binary file contents changed
    dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_siemens.sh' will not be represented in diff
    dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_confirmed.sh' will not be represented in diff
    dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_generated.sh' will not be represented in diff
    dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'dmtxscangrid.c' will not be represented in diff
    dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file config.guess
    dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file config.sub
    dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source
    dpkg-source: building libdmtx in libdmtx_0.4.0-0.dsc
    dpkg-buildpackage: failure: dpkg-source -i -b libdmtx-0.4.0 gave error exit status 1

So, what does one normally do when using subversion sources, rather than
a numbered release? That's obviously part of my problem here, since
libdmtx-0.4.0 is really libdmtx-0.4.0+svn102.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"