Re: What is the urgency field (in debian/changelog) for?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 04:46:50PM +0100, Siegfried-Angel wrote:
> I'd like to ask you where I could find an explanation about what the
> 'urgency' field in debian/changelog is for, as it has been intriguing
> me for quite some time now.
>
> I've checked the Debian Policy Manual and the Debian New Maintainers'
> Guide but couldn't find much information about it in neither of them.

urgency=low: Usual upload, and you would want Britney to try to
transition the package to testing in 10 days (of no RC bugginess)

urgency=medium: RC bug fix(es). You give Britney 5 days for a
transition attempt.

urgency=high: For fixing critical bugs (esp. security). 2 days for
transition.

Please see:

http://www.debian.org/devel/testing

HTH.