Re: Writing get-orig-source targets to conform with policy

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:30:42PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> Il giorno Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:59:51 -0500
> Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > On Sunday 17 February 2008 11:37:54 am David Paleino wrote:
> >
> > > Why not using $(CURDIR)? It should give you the dir where debian/ is
> > > located (i.e. $(CURDIR) == debian/../). I've always used it in my
> > > debian/rules files, and never had any problem.
> >
> > $(CURDIR) gives you the current working directory you are in, not where
> > debian/ would reside unless you were in the package's top directory anyway.
>
> When you execute debian/rules, $(CURDIR) *MUST* give you the package's top
> directory. That's a firm point. Am I missing something?

Yes.  That this is only true when executing debian/rules.  Not when
executing /home/user/src/debian/packages/foo-1.3/debian/rules .

The get-orig-source target specifies that it must work from anywhere.
So you can't rely on CURDIR to be where debian/ is.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html