Re: Config files which are writable by www-data

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 01:20:14PM +0100, Roland Gruber wrote:
> but when I copy the files at install time (postinst) then /usr/share/doc
> should be no problem? If the administrator deletes the files in
> /usr/share/doc afterwards then my application will have no problems.
I got a similiar situation.
If the program is going to read-in the files, even as templates, put
them into /usr/share/packaganame

If they are just examples and the admin can copy and edit them then
/usr/share/doc/packagename/examples is where they should go.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au