Re: Lintian: outdated-autotools-helper-file

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 08:27:52PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> Hi *,
> I'm packaging gnome-translate (ITP #292909), and everything builds fine. A
> lintian check on the .changes file throws:
>
> E: gnome-translate source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.guess
> 2003-07-02
>
> What am I supposed to do? I believe that Build-Depending on autotools-dev |
> automake is not sufficient, as it seems that those files won't be updated
> anyways. Should I update them manually? This will introduce those changes in
> the .diff.gz outside the debian/ dir

Build-Depend on autotools-dev, move the ofending files aside and put
the new copy in thier place before running ./configure, copy the
originals back at the end of clean.

Autotools-dev's documentation contains an explanation for all this
dance, and code snippets, IIRC.