Re: RFS: debian-builder (updated package)

On Feb 9, 2008 11:58 PM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:26:48 +0530
Deepak Tripathi <apenguinlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.8
> of my package "debian-builder".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> debian-builder - Rebuild Debian packages from source code

Why is this worth having in Debian? (What's wrong with apt-get -b or
the half-dozen other ways of building a source package?)
Hi ,
Nothing is wrong with apt-get -b "BUT"   It is not designed to enhance your installation
 by producing optimized binaries, however this may be achieved  with the aid of companion packages such as 'pentium-builder' or 'athlon-builder'.
 The prime purpose of this package is to ease the testing of  compiler patches such as the Stack Smashing Protection patch  available from IBM.

How many more (vanity) build systems must we have????
there are many and besically it depends how the community uses them,.

--

Neil Williams

--
Deepak Tripathi