Re: RFS: dictconv (5th try)

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:04:59 +0100
David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) debian/changelog should list only official releases. You're already at -4,
> without even a single official upload to the repositories :). Shrink all the
> info to "Initial release (Closes: #foo)", as you've never uploaded it.

Francesco is following my recommendation:
http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#increment

> 3) are the files listed in debian/docs really necessary/useful? I found useful
> just the README: IMHO you could safely remove debian/docs and pass README
> directly to dh_installdocs (this would be with debhelper, I don't really like
> cdbs).

There are sponsors who *do* like CDBS. In the case of the README, CDBS adds this automatically (if it exists). The listing in debian/docs does no harm.

Francesco - I notice this is the 5th try for this package. I don't remember seeing a long description, maybe that would help?

--

Neil Williams