Re: RFS: thailatex (updated package)

On Feb 5, 2008 2:46 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> lintian -I:
>
> I: thailatex source: build-depends-without-arch-dep dpkg-dev

Oops, indeed. Fixed, thanks.

> debian/control:
>
>  ...based on _the_ babel package...
>
> s/Thai words/Thai word/

Corrected.

> debian/copyright:
>
> I don't see filenames in the Licence line in the copyright proposal.

Fixed.

> I think there are supposed to be commas between the authors and each
> author should have their own copyright years?

Again, I think no separating commas are needed.
Nor is current listing style wrong.

> Is fonts/waree simply a copy of Bitstream Vera (which will be removed
> from debian)?

No. Just like DejaVu, it's developed from Bitstream Vera.

> Copyright info for debian/babel.sty is a bit unclear.
>
> Including debian/babel.sty alone seems to violate its licence:
>
>   This file may only be distributed together with a copy of the Babel
>   system. You may however distribute the Babel system without
>   such generated files.
>
> Sounds like it is not source code, but a generated file (DFSG #2).

I don't think DFSG applies here. The file is completely in
modifiable form. The difference with its source is just
documentation.

But the prohibition of distribution outside the Babel system
may matter. However, thailatex won't be installable nor
buildable without texlive-latex-base, where the Babel system
resides. So, on Debian, it always comes with the Babel
system. Is that sufficient?

If that's not OK, shipping the whole Babel with it would be
too much and would be duplicated with texlive.

Thanks,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/