Re: List of out-of-date packages on a given architecture.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:09:21AM +0530, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > So in conclusion, we have nothing else to do than hoping that the
> > buildds will restart keeping up some day, or is it time to ask on
> > debian-release that packages not up to date on these arches are allowed
> > to migrate in testing anyway ?
>
> Or you could look for a suitable "mips" machine that could be used to
> help the existing buildd's!
>
> I did ask around here but no one seemed to have one.

(Off-topic, but anyway...)

Having a mipsel machine would help with debugging many things as
well. For example, the most recent are:

lam FTBFSing on mipsel due to a gcc bug:
http://experimental.ftbfs.de/fetch.php?&pkg=lam&ver=7.1.2-1.1&arch=mipsel&stamp=1202167930&file=log&as=raw

lapack FTBFSing on mips due to a mysterious reason:
http://experimental.ftbfs.de/fetch.php?&pkg=lapack&ver=3.1.1-0.2&arch=mips&stamp=1202168381&file=log&as=raw

If I get enough money later in life, I'm definitely buying one of
these machines, _just_ for testing out stuff and doing a dput/dupload
of packages built on them. Would look awesome to stand apart with a
mips(el) or s390 upload, when others are doing only
source+{i386,amd64}. :-)

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,