Re: .menu and .desktop files

[Thibaut Paumard, 01.02.2008]
> your answer is a bit cryptic. Can you be more specific? Is there any
> guidelines, policy, best practices for .desktop in Debian? Is the
> Ubuntu-specific information provided by Siegfried-Angel all I need for
> Debian?

I was referring to:

[Thibaut Paumard, 31.01.2008]
> >> These menu files are not used in Ubuntu,
> >>which apparently uses only the .desktop files.

GNOME, Xfce and KDE are using .desktop files (except "Debian" submenu ->
these items are taken from .menu files). I'm using OpenBox and I'm not using
.desktop files at all. Ubuntu users that are using *box window managers
are most probably using .menu files only as well.

I just wanted to say that there are Ubuntu users who are using .menu
files only and there are Debian users who are using .desktop files.

If you want some more links, here they are (please install debian-policy
and menu packages first):

/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/menu-policy.html/index.html
/usr/share/doc/menu/html/index.html
`man menufile`