Re: lighttpd1.5

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 10:34:41PM +0000, Ilya M. Slepnev wrote:
> [...]
> >   One could package it in experimental indeed, though no-one will upload
> > rogue packages like yours. If you are interested in maintaining
> > lighttpd, please join the team, do not work behind its back.
> Surely, i don't want to work behind your back! Please, calm down, I
> tried to contact lighttpd team, but your "procmail filter needs
> serious tweaking"

  Well, yeah, there was a matching bug in my procmailrc, that saw all my
alioth mail to into .debian.${MATCH}/ -> .debian./ and oddly I wasn't
subscribed to this maildir. The procmail filter is now fixed.

> I'm debian maintaner for more then four years, so I wouldn't try to
> hijack a package or work behind your back and I respect your team and
> work, which you are doing for lighttpd and debian.

  Well I don't get why you seek sponsors outside from the team then.
That's what I call rogue. In my world, when I ask for sponsoring of a
package that has a responsive team, I call that hijacking. Sorry it took
me 10 days to figure that my procmail was broken, you had bad luck, but
I can't imagine how waiting only 7 (‽) days for hijacking a package is
appropriate behaviour.

> > > Why are your talking about nonsense of packaging?
> >   Beacuse it seems all but stable, and packaging unstable APIs or
> > programs is a hell I'm not keen on trying.
> It works stable for several clusters for us, BTW.

  I'm glad.

> > > It has sense. Can you really imagine a process of backporting modules
> > > from 1.5 to 1.4?
> >
> >   And by the greatest luck, there is no 1.5 modules in debian right now,
> > so I believe we're safe for now.
> Yes, that's the problem.

  I don't see how it can be a problem.

> Let's try that in experimental?

  Like said _I_ won't do the job, but I don't see a problem with it
being in unstable _IF_ done inside from the team. You're free to join it
btw, but I'm not an alioth pkg-lighttpd admin, so you'll have to nag one
of them, private mails would probably work easier. And if in those
conditions, I'll gladly sponsor uploads.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit