SONAME support

Hello maintainers,

I'm maintaining the package guichan, which is missing in the current 0.7.1 upstream release any kind of SONAME support. Now the upstream of guichan said to me, that he will add it to the next release.

What have I to do if upstream provides it?
Currently guichan in 0.7.1 has rdepends, so it would be good, if the old package could be in the pool first, too.

Should I change in control the Source name of the package then for example to 0.8 and the packagename itself to libguichan0.8 or have I to do more things?

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de
Homepage: http://www.Linux-Dev.org/