Re: automatically parseable debian/copyright

On 11/30/2007 03:18 AM, Charles Plessy wrote :
> Le Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 04:46:38PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
>> So, I would say that we actually have reached a consensus on that
>> format. We are simply missing wide acceptance, but that would come with
>> time ... and any package adopting the new format would help :)
>
> Since it is intended to be machine-readable, a validator would be a
> great help.
I cannot provide a validator, but I'm working on a python-script collecting
all the necessary information from a source tree and preformatting it in
this format. Unfortunately I'm a python-beginner, so the script doesn't work
yet as I would like it to work...
But as soon as it approximately does, I can put it on
wiki.debian.org/JanBeyer (somewhen during the next days hopefully), so that
people with better python skills can improve/comment it...

Maybe this might be a help for you, too.

Regards,
Jan

PS: Just to avoid some possible negative comments: This script is NOT
intended to produce a complete debian/copyright, but only a skeleton, which
still needs to be checked and refined manually.