RFS: rsplib (updated package)

Dear mentors,

the rsplib project is looking for a sponsor for the upcoming version 2.3 of
the RSerPool package rsplib. There is already the very old version 1.0 in
Debian, but the former maintainer seems to be unreachable.

rsplib is the Open Source implementation (GPLv3) of the IETF's upcoming
standard for Reliable Server Pooling (RSerPool). It provides protocols and
functionalities for the  management of server pools and sessions between
users and pools. In particular, RSerPool takes care for server selection and
session failover support among servers of a pool. The rsplib package contains
a library for the session communication (the rsplib), an implementation of
the pool management component (registrar) as well as multiple example service
implementations. Details on RSerPool and the rsplib can be found on our
project's website: http://tdrwww.exp-math.uni-essen.de/dreibholz/rserpool/ .

The rsplib package has been tested on x86 and x86_64, under Debian, Kubuntu
and Fedore Core. Furthermore, it works under Debian on MIPS R5000 (SGI O2)
and MacOS X (PPC and x86).

lintian does not report any warnings or errors.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rsplib/rsplib_2.3.dsc

Best regards
 Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen,                   Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
 E-Mail:     dreibh@iem.uni-due.de
 Homepage:   http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh