Re: Sponsor Checklist

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:52:46 +0530, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> said:

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 06:59:30PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> The point isn't really to exclude prospective maintainers, but to
>> make sure that the sponsor has a rough idea of how much time and
>> effort it's going to take to help the maintainer keep the package in
>> a state that's appropriate for Debian, and only sponsor packages
>> where they can actually expend that time and effort.

> I appreciate this point.

> Another point I wish to make, to add to what Manoj has already said,
> is that sponsors _may_ wish to insist that the uploaded packages be
> pdebuilt, just to be sure that the packages are build on a clean, sid
> chroot.

        Hmm.  Since the DD/sponsor is the one who creates the uploaded
 packages, they do not have to insis; they can just make it so. I hope
 DD's do the actual tend build/clean/rebuild/piuparts-run personally.
 Therefore I actually am only insistent on the sources being available,
 since I usually discard the pre-build .debs anyway.

        manoj
--
YOW!!  I'm in a very clever and adorable INSANE ASYLUM!!