Re: Creating Source Packages

> Take a look at
> http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#native_vs_non_native
> and the question after that ("What's wrong with upstream shipping a debian/
> directory?").

Yep, all sound like good reasons to separate the source distfile and the
debian specific data.

Currently my package is not suitable for inclusion in Debian, there will
be a lot of work needed in order to achieve this. I am merely after a
single .deb file i can place on sourceforge for the moment that people
can use to install my software, and a source package is helpful in case
someone requests it too.

For convenience I have not separated the debian specific data from the
source for the moment, but thanks for the info I will get around to it
eventually.

I think i might start a new thread to ask about breaking up and
organising my package a bit better.

Thanks,
Brendon.