Re: RFS: kplayer

On Sunday 29 July 2007, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
| On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 02:54:34PM -0500, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
| > Dear mentors,
| >
| > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kplayer".
| > kplayer    - KDE multimedia player frontend for MPlayer
|
| What about this:
| <shell>
| [kumar@debian] apt-cache show kmplayer
| Package: kmplayer
[snip]
| Is it different?

Yes it is. Granted they are similar, KPlayer is a bit more advanced with extra
features.  One of my favorite features is how it can either be compact or it
can be a feature rich multimedia environment. Another feature I like is that
is has a new multimedia library which makes it easy to manage all types of
multimedia. It also works well with tuner cards so you can watch TV as well.
It also utilizes the KIO Slaves for access. So I can easily watch movies over
my network using fish:// and what not, and if the directory/computer the
movie is on is password protected, KPlayer will prompt your for the password.
The only part I am really familiar with in KMPlayer is the plugin portion for
Konqueror. I have been using KPlayer over VLC and Kaffeine now for a few
months and I really enjoy it over those options.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal@ubuntu.com