Re: Getting involved with Debian development...

Tim Hull wrote:
> Hi,
[...]
> Anyway, I am curious what exactly it entails to become a Debian developer,
> and what would be best to do if one wanted to involve
> oneself in Debian with this ultimate goal.  I do know of a couple things
> that aren't packaged that I may want to take a stab at at some point
> (xcalib and virtualbox some to mind immediately), and I also may want to
> work on documentation and the release structure/release packaging.
> (in using Debian and Ubuntu, there are things I like/dislike about both
> release structures). Can some current Debian developers fill me in a little
> on what would be best for me to do in this case?
[...]
> Tim Hull

This is a good place to start:

 http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide
 http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian
 http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

And this mailing list is a good place for questions, or the
#debian-mentors IRC channel on irc.debian.org.

Hope this helps,
Paul