Re: RFS: plastex

Hello,

On 7/20/07, Carl Fürstenberg <azatoth@gmail.com> wrote:
lintian spits out warnings about -x flag on the py-files, as they all
has a shebang, also the setup.py generates a cgpdfpng that only will
work under OSX, but I don't know a good way to fix that.

to remove unneeded shebang lines, I usually use a small perl script
called at the end of debian/rules. I find this much more flexible than
maintaining a set of patches.

For example, this is the line I add in the debian/rules file:
  perl debian/strip_shebang $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/exaile/plugins/*.py

and the perl script: debian/strip_shebang

#! /usr/bin/perl

use strict;

while (my $file = shift)
{
   print STDERR "Stripping shebang from file: `$file'\n";

   my $tmpfile = $file.'.tmp';
   system ('cp', $file, $tmpfile);

   open IN, $tmpfile
       or die ("could not open file `$tmpfile': $!\n");

   open OUT, ">$file"
       or die ("could not open file `$file': $!\n");

   # Only copy the first line if it is not a shebang line
   $_ = <IN>;
   print OUT unless (/^\#!/);

   # Copy all other lines
   while (<IN>)
   {
       print OUT;
   }

   close IN;
   close OUT;

   system ('rm', $tmpfile);
}
<<<<<

I'm sure this is not perfect and there is much room for improvement,
but still it seems to work pretty well.

Cheers,
   François

PS: I am not a DD, so I can not sponsor your package. I hope you'll
find a sponsor very soon, though.